GW Career Quest: APPLY HERE
Sponsored by the Center for Career Services and the Career Services Council, and supported by a generous gift from Board of Trustees Emeritus Mark R. Shenkman, MBA ’67, and his wife Rosalind, Career Quest offers GW students an exclusive opportunity to gain an up-close and personal experience with leading organizations in New York City and Los Angeles.
The program provides students with an opportunity to:
- hone their informational interviewing and networking skills with employers
- learn how an organization works and about their job and internship opportunities
- hear from employers about their professional journeys and the pathways they followed to career success
- connect with GW alumni in the NYC & Los Angeles metropolitan areas
- explore and experience the culture and pulse of NYC and Los Angeles
Past Career Quest sites that were visited included:
Atlantic Pictures | Bloomberg Media | Bustle.com | CBS Interactive | Forum Strategies & Communications | Huffington Post | Hulu | Katz Media Group | Kwittken & Co. | Marvel Entertainment | NBC Universal | The New York Times | Simon & Schuster | The Wall Street Journal
If you have questions about the GW Career Quest program and the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Fall Break 2017 – New York City: There will be a refundable deposit of $125 due at the time of acceptance to the GW Career Quest Program. Program hotel accommodations, travel costs throughout New York City and meals will be covered for Sunday, October 8 through Tuesday, October 10, 2017. Students must provide their own transportation to and from New York City. Financial assistance may be available on a case-by-case basis for eligible students to assist with resources to cover transportation to New York City only.
- Winter Break 2018 – Los Angeles: There will be a refundable deposit of $125 due at the time of acceptance to the GW Career Quest Program. Program hotel accommodations, travel costs throughout Los Angeles and meals will be covered. Students must provide their own transportation to and from Los Angeles. Financial assistance may be available on a case-by- case basis for eligible students to assist with resources to cover transportation to Los Angeles only.
If you believe you may need financial assistance to help pay for your program fees, email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. All financial assistance applications are due by Sunday, August 13, 2017, 11:59 PM.