Handshake Tips & Tricks
Tips & Tricks
Customize Your Profile
- Check to be sure all preloaded information is correct.
- Pay close attention to your major and GPA (if included).
- If you find an error, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to correct it.
- Public or Private?
- A public profile can be seen by any employer on Handshake and by your Career Services Center and can’t be seen by other students or by Career Services Centers at other schools.
- A private profile can only be seen by you and your school’s Career Services Center.
- You can switch your privacy status at any time, from private to public or from public to private.
Upload Your Documents
- More information on profile → easier for employers to find you!
- To upload a new document:
- 1. Click Profile on the Left Hand Navigation Bar.
- 2. Click the Documents tab in the upper right corner to get to Your Documents.
- 3. Click New Document in the upper right corner of Your Documents.
- 4. Select Create Document when the form is complete.
Search for Jobs and Internships
- Use searches and filters to look for companies and jobs you’re interested in learning more about or applying to.
- Follow jobs and employers you’re interested in. When you follow an employer or a job, you can begin filtering based on companies you follow.
- Handshake is updated constantly. Keep checking throughout the year!
- Career Services
For More Resources & Help…