NanoRacks is looking for a Mission Manager who will be focused on the Company’s growing satellite and hosted payload pipeline and customer base.
As Mission Manager, you’ll oversee the payload from contract signing to in-space operation (deployed into low-Earth orbit or installed on a hosted payload platform outside of the ISS). The primary job scope includes but not limited to the responsibilities of:
- The direct customer interface for external payload accounts from contract signing to in-space operation (small satellites and hosted payloads).
- The direct interface with NASA, JAXA, SpaceX, Northrop Grumman, and other ISS Program Partners and Launch Vehicle providers on behalf of the customer for the payload integration.
- Relaying and verifying compliance of all technical and programmatic requirements levied by the ISS Program, launch vehicle, and other governing bodies.
- Verifying technical compliance to all NanoRacks hardware interface requirements.
- Supporting of all internal engineering development as necessary to include hardware development, I&T, and configuration management.
- Maintaining and authoring Interface Control Documents (ICDs), test reports, and other related engineering verification or technical documents required for each payload.
- Performing fit-checks, hardware testing, and satellite integration in the field.
- Assisting with and developing payload integrated project schedules.
- Supporting business development projects or programs by completing feasibility assessments, drafting statements of work, assisting in contract formulation and milestone development, and any other business or systems related activities.
- 0-5 years professional work experience.
- You must be a US citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering (mechanical, electrical, aerospace, chemical), hard science (physics, materials science), computer science/engineering, or mathematics from an accredited university.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Please visit NanoRacks to submit your application, http://nanoracks.com/mission-manager-external-payloads/