The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) and the Howard University Transportation Research Center (HUTRC) are pleased to announce the 2019 Internship Summer Program. The program is open to full-time undergraduate or graduate students in good academic standing from any university. The summer internship program is scheduled to run for at least 10 weeks, starting Monday, June 4, 2018.
The internships will be located at DDOT Headquarters (55 M Street SE, Washington, DC 20003). These are hourly, paid positions with a maximum of 40 hours a week with no paid holidays, no sick leave, and no overtime. All students are required to have basic computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
More details on the positions are in the position descriptions available at www.hutrc.org/internships.
To apply: Go to the HUTRC website and click on the position you are interested in. The application link for each project is found in its description. Applications are due by March 29, 2019. You are strongly encouraged to apply early – applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will begin before the due date.
- Curbside Operations Internship
- Communications Internship
- Transit Operations Internship
- Transit Process Improvement Internship
- Circulator Pilot Program Internship
- Cost Estimation and Implementation Evaluation Internship
- Internal Audit Process Scan and Workflow Internship
- Library Internship
- MoveDC and Planning Research Internship
- Pedestrian Safety Research Internship
- Policy Research Internship
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control Data Program Internship
- Safety Hardware Updates Internship
- Vision Zero Research Internship
- TSMO Policy and Market Research Internship
- TSMO Communications and Outreach Internship
- ITS Database Development and Management Internship
- ITS Data Analysis and System Configuration
–DDOT Research, DDOT Human Resources, and Howard University Transportation Research Center