Are you interested in modeling and software development in biomedical applications? Have you thought about machine learning applications applied to biomedical research areas? Are you currently enrolled in a computational biology, engineering, or biomedical program and seeking a summer internship to work on real world problems? If so, you may have the skills needed to gain some real world experience on a novel research project working on an interesting, challenging problem set.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is seeking a Biomedical Engineer to support the BioGears and other biomedical research projects on site in Raleigh, NC. This software project uses a combination of compartmental and lumped parameter models to quickly simulate the human body and the inherent physiology. Your role at ARA will be BioGears development and other biomedical research applications at ARA.
These models are developed in C++ using the latest software technologies. Experience with object oriented programming, applied numerical methods, Machine learning or statistical methods, are a plus for this position.
- Current under-graduate student in biomedical engineering or related fields
- Programming aptitude and desire in C++
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to non-expert audiences
- Graduate student in biomedical engineering or related fields
- Permanent or temporary residence in the Raleigh, NC metro area as this opportunity does not include relocation or housing assistance
- Experience with C++11
- Knowledge of agile software development
- Understanding of lump parameter modelling techniques
- Understanding of machine learning and/or statistical analysis methods
- Experience in numerical analysis and differential equations
To apply and more information please visit https://gwu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2474351