- Are you a recent college graduate with a degree in statistics, economics, engineering, computer science, or a similar program?
- Are you eager to contribute and be part of a team that consults to the federal government?
- Are you interested in analyzing data to inform policy regarding criminal justice reform?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, consider a role with Summit Consulting.
Summit Consulting, LLC provides state-of-the-art data analytics to support public policy decision-making and litigation. To do this work, we hire curious and collaborative people and empower them to do extraordinary things. We have an open and non-hierarchical culture, trust people walking in the door, and learn from one another.
Apply to this position if you like to:
- Apply quantitative and qualitative methods to data to validate, improve and document performance metrics
- Develop data visualizations and dashboards for use across federal agencies
- Produce clear and concise analyses in oral and written formats in a variety of time frames ranging from short-term, immediate turnaround through longer-term projects
- Document the technical details of your work clearly to facilitate collaboration with other team members and ensure quality control
Requirements for this position include:
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- A Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, engineering, computer science, or a similar program
- A basic foundation in data analysis
- 0-3 years of related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to draw conclusions from analysis and present to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with SAS or other programming languages a plus
- Experience developing dashboards or data visualizations a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word
We offer a collaborative and rewarding work environment where we value your input, experience and professional development. We do our best to match your education and talents to the work, and we provide you an integration partner to help you learn the ropes and become a productive team member. Our Washington, DC location, near the U.S. Capitol and the Union Station metro/VRE/MARC stop, means you can easily access our offices using public transportation.
If Summit selects you to move forward, you can expect to talk to our recruiting staff for an initial behavioral phone screen. That interview can lead to a secondary interview with staff members to discuss the technical aspects of your education and experience, your ability to work collaboratively to consult and provide client service, and the type of culture in which you like to work. If we select you for further consideration, be prepared to provide two references and transcript(s), and be willing to submit to a background check.
Summit strives to ensure that our career website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request reasonable accommodation. Please email us at email@example.com if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website as a result of your disability.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit https://www.summitllc.us/careers/current-opportunities?gh_jid=4235493002