The George Washington University
seeks 2 Graduate Aides for the Office of Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships.
G:\GradFel\GA\Ads\SU 2019 – Graduate Assistantship Ad.docx
Each position is expected to start 20 May 2019, but may start earlier or later.
Each position requires 20 hours per week and may not be held with any other position, either on or off-campus.
Strong knowledge of Excel is preferred; Knowledge of Access is a plus.
Desired characteristics include:
● High level of motivation
● Word processing skills
● Very good English skills, both written and spoken
● Well-developed organizational skills
● Proven ability to stay on task and meet deadlines
To be eligible for the graduate aide position, the applicant must be both enrolled full-time in a Foggy Bottom campus program
and in a graduate program in one of the following schools:
● The Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
● The Graduate School of Education and Human Development
● The School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
● The School of Business, or
● The Elliott School of International Affairs.
Job Duties (non-exhaustive):
● Answering queries via telephone, email from national and international sources
● Directing queries to appropriate offices within GW
● Data entry, compiling data, looking up data
● Clerical work
● Some assigned projects
- Must be both enrolled full-time in a Foggy Bottom campus program and in a graduate program in one of the schools listed in the attached description (CCAS, GSEHD, SEAS, GWSB or ESIA);
- Preference will be given to applicants who are new graduate students or students who will not graduate prior to May 2021;
- Previous university employment experience in the area of student services is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 20 hours per week (2.5 days) year round.
The Graduate Aide position includes:
● Hourly wage of $15 per hour
In addition, the successful applicant will be considered for merit-based aid consisting of:
● Tuition Fellowship award of up to 9 credit hours per semester
● Stipend of $1,000 per month
A completed application includes a resume and cover letter. The cover letter must include your GWid, your program of study, your first semester of study at GW, and your expected date of graduation.
Please send your application through the Handshake OR send it directly to us (either by email, mail, or
dropping it off in person). Please do not send us your application if you have already submitted it via the Handshake Website.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. (The cover letter must include GWid, program of study, first semester of study at GW, and expected date of graduation.)
Students with questions about the positions are direct to email firstname.lastname@example.org. These positions will also be posted on Handshake as well as on our website.
The Office of Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships
Old Main Building – 1922 F Street, NW
For further information, please contact Pete Van Riper at 202-994-6822.