Civil engineer needed at RK&K (College intern)
Position Title: Transportation Engineering Intern – Summer 2019
Location: Fairfax, VA
RK&K is a full-service planning, engineering, environmental and construction management/inspection firm serving a wide range of clients in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern United States. Fueled by a talented and diverse staff, RK&K provides creative solutions to complex challenges that improve the quality of life in our communities. Setting RK&K apart is an award-winning culture that has fostered a spirit of collaboration and trust for nearly 100 years. The firm delivers concepts, processes and outcomes that are designed for success. RK&K has a reputation as a trusted partner, responsive employer and community stewardc.
RK&K’s internship program provides a culture of learning, growth and fun and was recognized on WayUp’s Top 100 Internship Program List for 2018! We are proud of both the work that we do and our engaged, passionate workforce that gets it done!
Our Fairfax office is looking for a College Intern to work with our Transportation group this summer.
- Field work to document existing conditions, including potential survey support
- CADD in MicroStation and AutoCAD Software
- Computer Modeling in Geopak, OpenRoads, and Civil 3D Software
- Compute horizontal and vertical alignments
- Prepare typical sections, plans, profiles, and cross sections
- Prepare maintenance of traffic plans
- Quantity calculations and cost estimating
- Report writing
Required Skills and Experience
- A student who is pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering, ideally with a focus in Transportation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must provide your own transportation to reporting site, which normally would be the office in Fairfax, but could vary when we have field work
Apply via https://gwu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2618661