The Sibley Innovation Hub, a Johns Hopkins Innovation Center in Washington, D.C. that aims to set the standard in how healthcare systems can rapidly innovate to solve strategic operational challenges has a variety of internship opportunities available.
The Hub Internship Program is designed for students who are passionate about making change happen in healthcare. We innovate so that we can continuously discover and implement ways to provide exceptional care to every patient, every time.
Things You’ll Experience and Learn
1. An understanding of key clinical problems and/or opportunities through observation, interviews and data analysis
2. Design thinking techniques to help explore solutions.
3. Comprehensive market research on industry and innovation trends that are disrupting the industry.
4. In-depth research on emerging technologies and companies to support discovery, exploration and our due diligence process.
5. Effective communication methods for sharing our story and passion and demonstrating our impact.
Engineering and Developing
Help us create and modify digital solutions. Dive into integration and technical aspects
– Coding and Developing
– Systems Thinking
– EMR/Digital Integrations
Communications and Design
Build digital and non-digital assets to tell the story of innovation and how we are transforming health
– Digital Design
– Graphic Design
– Communications and Branding
Medical and Clinical Outcomes
Provide clinical expertise that grounds innovations in clinical reality while pushing our thinking
– Redesigning Surgical Workflow
– Care Planning, Transition and Management Transformation
Operations and Facilitation
Drive research of innovation opportunities and develop future state flow to leverage innovations
– Strategy and Research
– Process Flow Mapping
– Brainstorm Facilitation
Venture and Due Diligence
Explore emerging digital technologies and perform due diligence to find the best solutions
– Venture Capital Investing
– Due Diligence
Finance and Modeling
Build business case-like support for innovations and help us prove the worth of taking risks
– Modeling and Forecasting
– Business Planning
– Ticket Value Creation
Unpaid opportunities are available for undergraduates or others interested in the field of digital technologies and healthcare. These opportunities can last 2 to 4 months with possibility to turn into a paid internship or even full time position.
Paid opportunities are available for students entering graduate programs or as part of their program who are interested in healthcare, digital, and entrepreneurial careers. These opportunities can last 3 to 6 months with possibility for extension or conversation to full time.