Our Internship program at Schnabel Foundation Company offers junior-level college students an opportunity to develop and enhance engineering skills through hands-on work experience. The emphasis for this position is broadening practical knowledge and experience as well as applying professional principles to real problems under the supervision of senior engineering personnel.
Position Summary: Responsibilities for this position include a variety of projects including AutoCAD drafting, field data collection, site survey, project reports, quantity take-offs, design assistance and monitoring construction projects.
Qualifications for the position include an educational background in Civil Engineering at an accredited four-year program.
Prior professional work or internship experience in a related field is desirable, but not required. Candidates must possess good oral and written communications skills, computer literacy, and a positive attitude. Basic knowledge and understanding of ACAD and understand construction drawings (ability to perform basic take-offs from drawings).
We have opportunities in our Bethesda, MD office.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Must be available to work in Bethesda, MD office and have a car to be available for out of-town/state travel as needed
- Working towards B.S. or M.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with completion of entry-level engineering courses
- Demonstrated understanding of geotechnical and structural design concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word (AutoCAD helpful)
- Strong analytical & time management skills
- Highly detail-oriented and self-motivated
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via https://gwu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2386071