ERG is seeking a full-time entry-level Mechanical Engineer to independently execute mechanical engineering projects at federal facility site in Indian Head, Maryland. The qualified individual must be motivated with the skills to prioritize, perform, and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment. Specific duties include:
- Prepare and support design packages related to manufacturing process equipment and/or facility maintenance and operations.
- Participate in the evaluation of processes controls, new equipment, facility improvements, and procedures.
- Develop and execute testing and associated analyses to evaluate mechanical integrity, including in-field assessments for operating facilities.
- Manage design process from concept through delivery of completed design package.
- Prepare technical memoranda/reports that summarize information, such as basis of design and/or testing results.
- Collaborate/communicate effectively with other stakeholders internal to, and external to, the design team (e.g., engineering and manufacturing departments).
ERG (www.erg.com) is a well-respected consulting firm providing a wide range of support to federal, state, and commercial clients. The successful candidate will be joining a growing team of engineering, facilities, planning, and explosive safety professionals that focus on quality work and fostering collaborative, long-term relationships. ERG has provided engineering, management, and planning services to this federal client for nearly 20 years.
This position will require on average two days a week on-site at the federal site in Indian Head, MD, and will include interaction and support from ERG personnel at the federal site, as well as from ERG’s Chantilly and Arlington offices. Indian Head is approximately 30 miles from Washington, DC, 25 miles from Alexandria, VA, and 60 miles from Fredericksburg, VA. Alternative work schedules may be considered. The salary for this position ranges from $60,000 to $70,000, depending on years and type of experience. ERG also offers excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, educational benefits, flexible spending accounts, a generous 401(k) plan, profit sharing, an employee assistance program, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and more.
Candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Between 0 and 2 years of relevant mechanical engineering experience with knowledge and prior experience with CAD software
- Experience with AutoCAD or equivalent drafting software.
- Must currently hold or be able to obtain a secret-level security clearance.
Experience in the following areas is not required, but is a plus:
- Experience with Process Control Systems such as programmable logic controller (PLC) ladder logic and Human Machine Interface (HMI) programming.
- Specific experience with Allen Bradley or Siemens systems.
- Knowledge to apply engineering skills towards process equipment, facility operations and maintenance.
If you are interested, please apply via https://gwu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2692912