DECISIVE ANALYTICS Corporation is seeking applicants for a Summer 2020 Internship as a Machine Learning Software Engineer in the Washington, D.C. area.
DECISIVE ANALYTICS Corporation is focused on developing and implementing advanced algorithms for managing large amounts of unstructured and structured data. Whether this data is in the form of text, imagery, video, or audio, we build the machine learning software that enables our customers to extract information from the sea of data produced from a multitude of sources.
We are seeking applicants with strong software development skills, and a keen interest in machine learning to join our team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop state of the art machine learning algorithms and deploy them in the big data stack of Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Storm, Accumulo, and Mongo DB.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work at an employee-owned company that is consistently rated as one of the best places to work in the DC metro area by Washingtonian Magazine and the Washington Business Journal. DAC employees enjoy generous benefits, flexible work schedules, company-sponsored events, and collegial, small-company culture. Work as part of an integrated team through the full life-cycle of software development for real-time military and intelligence applications.
- Using your creative and technical skills, implement cutting edge machine learning algorithms in Java, C++, or other object-oriented languages as appropriate.
- Implement these algorithms in the Big Data stack, including Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Storm, Accumulo, and MongoDB.
- Collaborate with co-workers, leadership, and clients to understand client problems, identify solutions, and demonstrate their software solutions.
- Collaborate with co-workers to execute standard software development activities including design, development, implementation, test, documentation, and support using standard established software engineering principles
- Eagerly pursue the current and emerging trends in software development best practices, service-oriented architectures, web development, and cloud computing
- Academic or professional experience in some or all of the following areas preferred:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Studies, Human Computer Interaction, Mathematics, or other related discipline
- A demonstrated interest in machine learning through course work or experience.
- 3.0 GPA or above desired
- Applicants must be US citizens
- Applicants must be able to work 40 hours per week
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desired: Working knowledge of version control systems such as Subversion or Git, and bug tracking tools such as JIRA. School experience is sufficient.
To apply for this internship, please visit the link https://gwu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3103120/share_preview\