2020 Summer Internship – Software Engineering – Machine Learning focus
US Citizenship is required due to US Government security clearance rules.
Summer interns in Software Engineering at Expedition Technology will work closely with experienced engineers to develop software products within an R&D environment and write code to develop machine learning applications running novel algorithms in cloud-based environments.
Interns will utilize software engineering best practices such as code reviews and unit testing to develop in a cloud computing paradigm. Additionally, interns will also leverage cloud computing providers such as AWS to accelerate the development and training of deep learning models.
There be an opportunity to provide specific input into the software components of the system design, to include hardware/software trade offs, software reuse, as well as requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Here is what one of our interns did during the summer of 2019: https://www.exptechinc.com/machine-learning/my-summer-at-expedition-technology-as-a-machine-learning-intern/
Read this to see what one of our mentors had to say about internships at EXP: https://www.exptechinc.com/news/the-exp-internship-program/
A successful intern candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Some experience with front-end and backend software development within a Linux-based environment (school-based projects and classroom experience are acceptable)
- Some experience with Docker and Git
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related discipline
- Self-starter attitude and willingness to work on problems that don’t always have a clearly-defined solution
- Undergraduate or graduate students graduating in December 2020 and/or May 2021 will be given preference
- Must be a US Citizen
Expedition Technology is an employee-owned defense and aerospace technology small business that has become a market leader in developing software applications running advanced machine learning algorithms for the DOD and Intelligence Communities. We offer a collaborative team-based culture, a people-first mentality and a focus on cutting edge solutions.
EXP is proud that our dynamic and collaborative culture along with our generous benefits package allowed us to earn a spot on the 2019 Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work List.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via https://gwu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3154636/share_preview