SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Have a passion for leveraging project management skills to drive the successful delivery of projects? As an Intern at Amtrak, you will learn the foundational principles in project management and make tangible impact on a wide range of complex, transformational projects in a real-world rail industry environment. You will work under close supervision of a project/program manager and in collaboration with all levels of stakeholders: from department leaders, to project/program managers, business analysts, and functional leads. Individuals in this role use project management knowledge and analytical skills to support assigned projects, including:
- Support project performance reporting
- Create and maintain project artifacts and ensure appropriate document and administrative controls
- Work with project team members and subject matter experts to coordinate logistics for assigned projects
- Support project teams with project status reporting, documentation, controls and other processes to ensure compliance with audit requirements, department procedures and enterprise standards
- Create and maintain required documentation including project organization charts, distribution lists, project logs, project schedules, requirements documents, project budgets, and status reports
- Assist in development and review of project scope, schedule and budget
- Coordinate project logistics, including calendars, major events, meetings and applicable materials and equipment
- Must be actively pursuing a degree at an accredited educational institution.
- Must be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Engineering, Technology, Project Management or Economics
- Must have at least 1 year of academic undergraduate studies completed or a sophomore status at minimum.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week during the hours of Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm.
- 2 years of academic undergraduate studies completed or a junior status
- Relevant work experience (e.g., internships, school jobs)
- Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, SharePoint). Strong proficiency in Excel preferred.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
If you interested in this opportunity, please apply via https://gwu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3239213/share_preview