What you’ll be doing…
This entry-level role – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive. You will put your degree to use and gain experience in a new field through on-the-job training. As part of the Global Network Management organization, you will help keep our customers all over the world connected with their work. Whether a Developer, Architect, or Analyst, you will make life easier for our customers.
In this role, you’ll be:
- Promoting and maintaining the security of Verizon’s wireline network and other assets to protect them from internal and external threats.
- Responsible for building and maintaining the Global Network Management multi-tenant Big Data environment and providing tools and usable data to enable practitioners throughout the business to produce analytics, anomaly detection, and machine learning.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science and Mechanical Engineeringor related major with an expected completion date by December 2019 to August 2020.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have:
- Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with some of the following technologies and disciplines: Ethical Hacker, Information Security Manager, GIAC Security Essentials, CompTIA Security+, Information Systems Security Professional, SANS GIAC Security Essentials
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via https://gwu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3223718/share_preview