Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The Central Engineering team within the Integrity Investigations and Intelligence organization provides usable and reliable engineering solutions to a group of teams that protect people on our platforms. Our team’s innovations drive the understanding and disruption of complex and emerging threats including terrorism, nation-state espionage, eCrime, child safety, and information operations.Are you passionate about protecting the most vulnerable populations who use our platforms?Do you thrive in cross-functional and collaborative environments? Then join our team to help us make the world a safer place where people can be more open and connected! This internship position is located in Washington, DC.
- Develop and improve technical products to facilitate cybercrime investigations
- Code using primarily PHP/Hack, React, and Python
- Partner with other engineering teams to develop solutions to surface and respond to threats
- Work closely with cybercrime investigators to identify process improvements and countermeasures to stop abuse
- Knowledge of developing and debugging in object-oriented programming languages, i.e. PHP, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, i.e. Python
- Familiarity with SQL
- Time management, organizational skills and self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills and high attention to detail
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Contributions to the security community are a plus (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.)
- Experience using React
- Intent to return to full-time degree program after completion of the internship
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via https://www.facebook.com/careers/v2/jobs/1323615214485309/?ref=a8lA00000004CFAIA2