Why Join Us?
At 2U, Inc., we share a common belief that education can change lives. So when you work for 2U, you become a part of that. A team whose guiding principles are comprised of striving for excellence, having fun, being bold and fearless, and cherishing each opportunity. Want to head into work knowing you’re part of a purpose-driven company and your hard work has an impact on lives? Join us.
2U’s internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U’s growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. Our 2terns attend meetings with senior executives, shadow colleagues and utilize various training resources throughout their work tenure. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization that is working towards one common mission – making education more accessible and global.
This is a part-time (15-20 hours a week), spring (January 27 – April 24) paid internship which will expose you to the world of EdTech.
As 2U grows, we aim to continue attracting top talent to this program. Check out #LifeAt2U on Instagram and Twitter to see what our culture is like and more of what our 2terns experience on a daily basis.
Information Systems and Technology Teams
2U’s IT and product management teams build and manage the technologies that enable the best learning outcomes for students enrolled in our University partner programs, as well as support technology for our 2U employees. The IT team houses many departments, including data science and analytics, cybersecurity, business systems, software engineering, and product management teams. Interns will align to one of these teams and assist across a variety of the main functions.
Key responsibilities specific to roles:
Data Science and Analytics
- Provide support for advanced data mining, statistical analysis and data modeling and other ad hoc analysis
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends in data
- Assist in the creation of processes and systems to safeguard 2U’s digital assets and people
- Resolve issues and perform daily support with regard to internal security incidents
- Assist with auditing and measurement of security controls
Business Systems Analyst
- Assist in the design and implementation of new IT-related systems and processes
- Compile, define, and communicate business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Analyze business processes and procedures to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements
- Assist in the implementation and operation of business domain products
- Write clean and maintainable code
- Refactor existing code
- Assist and guide products through the full software development lifecycle in a deadline driven Agile environment, including product launch and training activities
- Consolidate input from business stakeholders and work with engineering and design teams to drive outcomes
- Collaborate with developers, business analysts and project managers to enable teams to meet agreed-upon deliverables
Things that should be in your background:
- Currently enrolled or have recently completed a bachelors or masters degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to research and understand technical documents
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, collaborate with colleagues and be flexible
Other attributes that will help you in this role:
- Strong knowledge of web applications and basic software such as Google Suite
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization
- Familiar with agile methodologies
- Strong communication and stakeholder management experience
- Basic understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
These are just some of the benefits:
- Sought-after industry experience
- Team and company events
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in the office
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via https://gwu.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3218198/share_preview