The NSF REU program provides a 10-week, hands-on research experience for undergraduate students. During the 10-week period, participants will work in the labs of some of UAB’s renown scientists. The research represents actual projects that will contribute, in some way, to the work already being conducted in the labs. Visit the website for complete program details.
SUMMER APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 15, 2020
SUMMER 2020 PROGRAM DATES: May 17, 2020 – July 24, 2020
- NOTE: In all fairness to the program staff and other applicants, we ask that you not accept our offer if you are waiting to hear back from another program.
- Complete & submit an application.
- An unofficial transcript must be uploaded during the application process. (Incomplete applications will be deleted. If we extend an offer to you, we will need to an official transcript by the deadline contained in your letter of offer.
- Faculty submitting your recommendations should visit this site to submit a recommendation. Faculty can upload a letter of recommendation via the recommendation form.
- Committee will review applications (application, transcript & recommendation)
- Selections will be made no later than April 15th and letter of offer will be emailed to applicants that are accepted into the program.
- You may print and sign the emailed letter and email it back to email@example.com or fax to 205-975-8009. Because of the high volume of applicants, we cannot extend the deadline to return the original signed letter.
- After all letters of offer have been signed and returned, Program Coordinator, Charita H. Cadenhead will notify participants of what to expect next.