The ISO’s Virtual Programs & Resources for International Students!
International Students’ Preparedness Kit
ISCA Virtual Advising Hours
- Are you stressed about being away from family and friends during this time? Do you need advice on how to deal with covid-19? Connect with the ISCAs! They are international students JUST LIKE YOU and are here to be your friend and help you get through this stressful time. Book a virtual appointment today!
International Student Support Podcast Series
- Looking for a fun way to connect with ISO and stay informed? Listen to our podcasts every Friday at 2pm. We will discuss relevant topics and resources for you, feature amazing guests each week, and share interesting stories from our international students all around the world. If you would like to be featured in our podcasts, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us an interesting story, something you are grateful for, an accomplishment you are proud of, helpful tips for fellow students, and more!
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the IRS has extended the federal tax filing and payment deadlines from April 15 to July 15.
Check out this blog from Sprintax for guidance and tips on filing your U.S. tax returns from your home country. Contact email@example.com with your tax questions!
Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Workshop
- Do you plan to work off-campus or participate in internships during your time as an international student at GW? Join this virtual workshop on Wednesday, April 15 @ 2PM to better your understanding of how to obtain work authorization while on an F-1 visa. Register on Handshake!
Optional Practical Training (OPT) Workshop
- Are you preparing for employment authorization following completion of your program? Join this virtual workshop on Tuesday, April 21 @ 2PM to better your understanding of how to obtain work authorization while on an F-1 visa. Register on Handshake!