Achieving the Dream—the national, nonprofit leader in championing evidence-based institutional improvement—has seen firsthand what happens when there is a long-term, sustainable commitment to improving student success. Achievement gaps close. Momentum builds. Lives change. Neighborhoods flourish.
Achieving The Dream is seeking an Information Technology Intern to support the IT department working remotely this summer . You are self-motivated, enjoy interacting with people, solving problems, reaching new heights and are not afraid of a challenge. Duties would include:
- Assess and document ATD website (Drupal LAMP stack) to achieve a baseline technical document.
- Assess and document moving Finish Line Game (FLG) from custom development to yoyogames.com Gamemaker solution, including thoughts on future Square and PayPal integration capabilities.
- Assist I.T. Business Analyst with rudimentary Salesforce.com administration and configuration housekeeping tasks to achieve a rudimentary understanding of Salesforce.com technical foundations and professional documentation skills.
- Assist ATD’s Director of Research with archiving bulk data.
- Other duties as assigned and requested
- Basic familiarity with modern programming languages, patterns, and frameworks.
- Basic familiarity with modern relational database designs and interactions.
- Should have proficiency with MS Office Suite, database and word processing.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, able to work independently while meeting specific deadlines.
Change Management: Anticipates changing circumstances and engages stakeholders in moving forward with change.
Systems Thinking: Defines the system and one’s role in the system. Sees relationships and the dynamic elements of the holistic system and executes work accordingly. Influences the system. Maps connections to ATD’s external landscape.
Learning Orientation: Embraces challenges, new ideas, and different perspectives as an opportunity to learn. Teaches others to foster learning.
Change Agent: Serves as an agent of change at a personal, team, and organizational level to pursue outcomes for students. Adapts as the environment changes, while managing associated risks. Motivates staff, team, organization, and partners to activate the change needed to advance defined priorities.
Collaboration: Acts as a team player who is responsive to others’ priorities, processes, and roles. Demonstrates willingness to collaborate, respect, and humility when seeking to understand others and making decisions. Strives to break down silos across programs and levels.
Disciplined Execution: Demonstrated ability to manage work processes effectively and efficiently to deliver high-volume, high-quality work.
Effective Communication: Ability to actively listen and thoughtfully question to create greater understanding and offer insights that advance problem-solving.
Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrates self-awareness and self-regulation and recognizes impact of personal behavior on others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Achieving the Dream, Inc. (ATD) attracts, develops, and retains highly qualified and diverse individuals. ATD is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at ATD are based upon merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally- protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation