What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Data Center GPU and Accelerated Processing Team delivers AMD products for Data Center, Machine Learning, and HPC (High Performance Computing). The DC GPU Validation team is responsible for validating various GPU/APU features, platforms, and technologies prior to the production.
You will be a key member of the Data Center GPU Validation team responsible for validating and debugging graphics features of AMD GPU/APU data center products.
- Create and execute test procedures to validate the design of various GPU domains and features
- Debug failures in collaboration with various engineering teams to deliver quality products to customers
- Plan and report validation progress to program leads
- Develop and maintain automation framework for validation test cases using Ruby, Python and other programming languages
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Thorough understanding of post-silicon engineering phases
- Hands-on system validation and debug techniques
- Strong understanding of GPU and accelerated compute technologies
- Automation framework and scripting development
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of hardware architecture, memory, data fabric, interconnects, high-speed interfaces, and/or system management
- Knowledge of software architecture (BIOS, firmware, OS and driver)
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python/Ruby) and/or programming languages (C/C++)
- Hands-on experience with laboratory equipment (multimeters, digital oscilloscopes, logic analyzer, etc.)
- Good understanding of circuit design, schematics, and other technical data sheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field