Aeris offers you an opportunity to use your data systems management and customer relations skills for social and environmental good. We are seeking a junior data analyst to join our team, where we use technology to support impact investing. We are expanding the functions and features of Aeris’ data platform to deliver ground-breaking new services to impact investors for impact data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Assist impact investment firms to set up the impact and financial reporting structure for their portfolio companies.
- Onboard portfolio companies to upload data and supporting documents to Aeris Atlas.
- Lead webinar demonstrations of the data platform for impact investors and portfolio companies as required.
- Load data and documents into appropriate “libraries” on the Aeris data platform.
- Work with Aeris Operations team to understand financial presentations of community development financial institutions (CDFIs).
- Prepare CDFI financial statements and performance metrics for Aeris analyses or quarterly reporting.
- Proof and finalize quarterly financial statements and reported performance data, interacting with CDFI staff
- Work with CDFIs to assist them on their impact metric reporting.
- Follow up with CDFIs as necessary to ensure timely upload of quarterly financial statements and performance data.
Your knowledge, skills, and professional/academic experience should include
- Knowledge and experience with Cloud-based environments
- Basic financial accounting
- Knowledge of impact investing, impact measurement and community development is a plus
- Interactions with institutional customers
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Good financial, market, and qualitative analysis skills—excellent with numbers
- Superior ability to focus on detailed work for accuracy
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and successfully execute multiple work streams—a self-starter
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to work in teams, and ability to work well with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across both technical and non-technical audiences
- Capacity and willingness to learn
- Bachelors’ degree in Economics, Finance, or Computer Science (or equivalent).
No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel (5%). ADA/EOE