We are looking to place a Facility Space Planner on site at Moody AFB, Georgia.
- Support facility requirements programming for a variety of programs such as Operations and Maintenance (O&M), Military Construction (MILCON), and Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF).
- Manage activities related to human as well as physical aspects of facility planning, including utilization, optimization, and project planning/programming in support of Moody AFB.
- Interpret and apply policy guides, substantial modification of techniques and procedures, or the development of innovative approaches to solve specific problems related to facility space utilization and optimization.
- Develop and maintain the installation Facility Space Optimization Plan (FSOP) and other facility space studies used as the basis for facility space optimization and investment decisions.
- Incorporate Air Force strategy, policies, and standards, with asset management, community planning, engineering, and architecture principles to produce an installation FSOP.
- Lead installation facility space analysis, planning, execution, and optimization efforts required to support execution of current and future Air Force missions.
- Interpret facility space standards, real property (RP) guidance, and project programming rules to support efficient development and sustainment of the installation facility space footprint.
- Integrate the application of facility space standards with the analysis of building utilization rates (URs), building condition index, building space types, and functional uses to support efficient development and sustainment of the installation facility space footprint.
- Support investment planning through development, deployment, and sustainment of facility space planning programs, projects, and asset data.
- Develop strategies and courses of action which directly guide and inform facility sustainment, repair, modernization, and construction through the Activity Management Plan (AMP) and the Base Comprehensive Activity Management Plan (BCAMP) processes.
- Identify opportunities for installations to consolidate functions, optimize facility space, increase facility URs, and demolish infrastructure in poor condition.
- Collaborate with partnering engineers, scientists, and other expert personnel at higher headquarters, installation organizations, sister services, and private organizations to evaluate recommended courses of action and solve complex facility space planning problems related to Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) actions, new mission beddown, and off-base lease reduction.
- Implement and manage the installation’s facility space planning and optimization program by leading the Customer Authorizations (CA) and Facility Space Planning capabilities, and supporting the management of accurate customer allocations.
- Identify correct Category Codes (CATCODE) for customer missions and (working with installation Real Property Officer (RPO)) ensure alignment between authorizations and RP allocations.
- Calculate gross square footage of facility space authorized in accordance with standards and methods directed by Air Force Manual (AFMAN) 32-1084, Air National Guard (ANG) Handbook 32-1084, and/or Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) Handbook 32-1001.
- Perform audits of authorizations to determine if revisions are required due to change in mission, organizational structure, number of personnel, equipment, or other drivers that impact space requirements.
- Support the management of accurate allocations in the Accountable Property System of Record (APSR) for RP.
- Prepare space request approval or disapproval packages for the Facilities Board (FB).
- Determine and manage Utilization Rates (URs) for buildings, as guided by Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) directive to ensure all buildings have a UR greater than 80.
- Collaborate with the Community Planner to align the FSOP within the objectives of the Installation Development Plan (IDP) and AMP Managers to ensure Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) are developed in full context of infrastructure repair goals.
- Review work tasks and opportunities (or Work Requests [AF Forms 332]) and attend Work Request Review Boards (WRRB) to ensure alignment with facility space optimization goals.
- Leverage building condition information from Sustainment Management System (SMS) BUILDER, NexGen IT, and the database of record to develop courses of action in support of facility space planning and optimization activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture, community planning, or a related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of engineering or planning experience that required applying space optimization concepts and standards to facility construction, allocation, or modification.
- Professional knowledge of the techniques and philosophy of facility space planning to include optimization concepts and techniques, Air Force policy, and major command requirements necessary to develop and implement a Facility Space Optimization Plan.
- Experience leveraging Information Technology (IT) innovations and Authoritative Data Sources, to include databases, Geospatial Integration Management Systems, Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) IT, SMS BUILDER, and NexGenIT.
- Experience managing Department of Defense (DoD) MILCON or projects of comparable scope and complexity.
- Experience applying the DoD UFC and Uniform Facilities Guide Specifications (UFGS) to complex facility construction projects.
- Knowledge of Federal, state, and/or local regulations and statutes, as well as Air Force or DoD regulations and documentation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access; and Autodesk AutoCAD 2013.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful completion of a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) clearance for a Common Access Card (CAC) is required.
Why AGEISS Inc.:
AGEISS Inc. is a 33-year successful Federal consulting firm offering a full range of comprehensive employee benefits.
About AGEISS Inc:
AGEISS provides engineering, environmental, and advisory and assistance services to Federal agencies nationwide and overseas. Building on our 33 years of success, AGEISS continues to expand its professional services while earning exceptional levels of customer satisfaction. AGEISS’ headquarters is in Colorado with additional locations nationwide as well as international.
Please visit www.ageiss.com/careers for instructions to submit your resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity