Come be a part of something big! Smart Minds, Cool Jobs and Awesome Rewards! Fueled by innovation, talent and ambition, the Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is seeking civilian professionals prepared to deploy war-winning capabilities on behalf of the United States Air Force.
The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is looking for a Full-Time Test Engineer (GS-07/-09/-11) to work at the Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) in the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), Arnold Engineering and Development Complex, Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Test Branch, at Hill Air Force Base in Clearfield, UT.
This position has a typical 2021 salary range of $43,683 – $84,049 (includes locality).
This position can close at any time. Apply Now!
Telework Eligible as determined by agency policy
In this position you will serve as a test and evaluation engineer supporting test planning, assessment, and reporting on intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) weapon system test activities in areas such as propulsion, command and control, guidance, navigation and control, nuclear hardness and survivability, software, cybersecurity, re-entry vehicles, modeling and simulation, or support equipment. Individuals with backgrounds in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and aerospace engineering are being sought.
– U.S. Citizenship
– Obtain & maintain appropriate security clearance
– This is a designated Drug Testing Position
– A professional engineering degree at the bachelor’s level from an ABET accredited institution in Aerospace, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is highly desired
– DAWIA Certification Test and Evaluation Level 1
– Knowledge of basic science and engineering principles to support test and evaluation of ICBM weapon system components.
– Ability to analyze technical systems, identify significant factors to system performance and gather pertinent data.
– Ability to apply basic engineering principles, concepts and practices to perform entry-level assignments in testing and evaluation
Department of the Air Force has implemented COVID-19 vaccination requirements set forth in Executive Order 14043. Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. Upon selection, you will be required to provide documentation proof as “fully vaccinated” prior to issuance of a firm job offer. Air Force will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exemption from this requirement. More information on COVID requirements may be found at: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/.