Come be a part of something big! Smart Minds, Cool Jobs and Awesome Rewards! Fueled by innovation, talent and ambition, the Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is seeking civilian professionals prepared to deploy war-winning capabilities on behalf of the United States Air Force.
The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is looking for a HVAC Maintenance Mechanic, WG-4749-10 at the Operations and Maintenance Flight, Beale AFB, Marysville, CA.
This federal job offers a rewarding and exciting career with benefits.
In this role, you will be installing, maintaining, repairing, and modifying large/complex heating (includes boating boiler and single and multiple fuel power boilers), ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) systems and support equipment including mechanical system controls and distribution lines.
- US citizenship is required
- Must complete a favorable pre-employment physical.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- This is a KEY position. In the event of a crisis situation, the incumbent, or designated alternate, must continue to perform the duties until relieved by proper authority. Cannot be actively serving in the Guard/Reserve component.
- Knowledge of the principles and theories of air conditioning and refrigeration, and properties refrigerants; mechanical, electromechanical, and pneumatic principles to inspect, install, test, maintain, and repair power boilers and associated auxiliary and pollution control equipment; and the construction and operation of a variety of large industrial and commercial refrigeration and A/C systems
- Knowledge of electrical equipment, ie, meggers, test lamps, voltage tester, ammeters, and polarity testers
- Knowledge of safety regulations, practices, and procedures, and regulation procedures, and policies related to records maintenance and documentation
- Skill in dismantling, repairing, and reassembling pumps, impellers, compressors, chillers, receivers, and
- evaporators to include balancing, aligning, and maintaining turbine, pumps, generators, equipment and preheaters; troubleshooting complex problems on large projects; and applying prescribed test procedures,
- Skill in the use of hand tools, power tools, and a variety of test equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, blueprints, drawings sketches, and, specifications, and maintain difficult balances of a variety of refrigerant controls and complicated motor controls.
To receive additional information about current and future job openings with AFCS via email notification, please register at www.Afciviliancareers.com and sign up to “Get Career Updates.”
How to Apply: Click Apply Button and upload resume in Adobe (.pdf) or Word (.doc) format.
US citizenship required. AFCS is an Equal Opportunity employer. Must be of legal working age.