To be responsible for assigned Civil and Structural design work for all AP China executed gasification projects, support lead engineer to deliver engineering targets in regard to all civil engineering activities.
The job holder is the Civil/Structural Engineer.
To perform in house Civil Structural design for all GEMTE executed gasification projects. This position requires to perform the Civil Structural design responsibilities. The job holder is also expected to provide Civil structural design, construction material estimation and remeasurement work as required.
1. Perform various aspects of Civil/Structure design for the Pre-FEED/ BED of Gasification projects in China and the Pre-FEED /BED/DED of gasification projects in other countries, including drawing and structural calculation for civil, structure and building. Perform site preparation design, soil investigation preparation, piling/foundation design, steel & concrete structures and buildings, etc.
2. Conduct modelling work per engineers’ design deliverables and coordinate with other function to do space management in S3D.
3. Familiar with international industry Civil/Structure engineering standard/code and national Civil/Structure standard/code.
4. Skillful with software for Civil / Structural (both Concrete and Steel) design calculations such as PKPM, STAAD. Pro, etc.
5. Working with process, mechanical, machinery, electrical, instrument and piping discipline, and exchange design condition during work process.
6. Support project proposal estimation, project execution, construction QA/QA, as built drawing, initiate civil/structure design changes as necessary.
7. Site construction support.
8. Other tasks required by the company when necessary.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structure Engineering or related disciplines.
2. Working level for both written and spoken English.
3. Be skilled in or willing to learn structural calculation & design software like PKPM, Staadpro & AutoCAD, SP3D, etc.
4. Willing to learn and master Chinese local electrical engineering & design codes and international standards and codes.
5. Having a sense of the interface with other disciplines, such as piping, architecture, mechanical, machinery, instrument, plumbing and firefighting, HVAC, telecom, etc. preferred.
6. Good team player and effective communication skills.