Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on cutting-edge technology, data driven decisions and automation. Our core competency is providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we provide competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna’s CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
What you’ll do as a Development Intern on the Python Team at Akuna:
We are seeking Development Interns to join our innovative and growing technology team for our 10-week internship Akunacademy. In this role you will work alongside our trading and software team to design and implement elegant solutions to complex and interesting problems.
Development Interns at Akuna have the opportunity to use cutting-edge technology while working on high performance/low latency systems. We offer a team-based approach to trading and software engineering, believing that productive integration of the two groups is vital for success in this industry. Akuna loves Development interns who are self-starters and have the ability to problem solve and think outside of the box. We value innovation and hard work, and want you to make an impact in the firm. Whether you are interested in trading infrastructure, algorithms, exchange gateways, performance engineering, hardware, data capture and analysis, or front-end user interfaces, there’s work to be done. If you are excited to jump in and make a difference, Akuna could be the place for you.
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. in technical field – Computer Science/Engineering, Math, Physics or equivalent
- Must graduate by August 2023
- Strong programming skills in Object Oriented Python Development
- Demonstrated experience with distributed systems
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate with the trading team, obtain requirements, find solutions and implement them in a clean and concise way
- Create an easily understood and testable codebase that can change as quickly as market conditions require
- Passion for innovation and building systems from the ground up
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently
- Major GPA of 3.0 or above
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required on the first day of employment including F-1 students using CPT, OPT or STEM
Please note: if you have applied to multiple roles, you may be asked to complete multiple coding challenges and interviews.