ALA Scientific is a small biotech company located in Farmingdale, NY on Long Island. We design devices and systems used in basic medical science in the neuroscience and biophysics fields. Our devices are used in laboratories in universities, government and drug companies all over the world. We design and manufacture devices used to keep cells and tissue alive on microscopes, while our customers use advanced electrical recording and imaging techniques to discover causes and cures for many neurological diseases affecting humans. We offer an excellent work environment, company paid benefits, flexible hours, and very interesting and varied design work. You get to see your design go from paper to prototype to production.
We are seeking a talented electrical engineer with a bachelor degree and 1 to 2 years experience, with preference given to someone with a master’s degree. We offer an excellent work environment, company sponsored benefits, flexible hours, and very interesting and varied design work. You will get to see your design go from paper to prototype to production. You will be working with the Research & Development manager, as well as other engineers to develop product lines and improve upon exiting products. The successful candidate will be required to have the following skill set:
1) Must be familiar with basic analog circuit design including sensors, amplifiers, filters, motor drive, linear/switch mod power supplies and general signal processing applications.
2) Must be familiar with basic microcontroller circuit design including peripheral usage and C and assembly language programming. Experience with digital filers and general DSP applications is preferred as well as Microchip PIC/dsPIC and Cypress PSOC controllers. Experience with 32 bit ARM architectures is a plus
3) Experience with USB communications including p[peripheral design, basic protocols and class structure is preferred. Familiarity with standard communication protocols, such as UART, I2C, SPI, USB, etc.
4) Must have experience in printed circuit board design and layout including schematic generation and circuit layout as well as knowledge of techniques in power distribution, part placement and grounding to reduce noise and thermal stress.
5) Must have experience in computer application programming such as VB, NET, C/C++/python development on linux based system, such as Raspberry Pie.
6)Experience with general design prototyping including board stuffing, soldering techniques, use of laboratory test equipment and general testing procedures is preferred.