Alarm.com, is seeking an ambitious, talented, Device Engineer, Linux Intern for Summer 2021. The Linux Intern position is ideal for candidates who want to work with technologies such as wide area cell networks (CDMA, 3G-HSPA, 4G-LTE), local mesh networks (ZWave, Zigbee…), smart sensors, and IoT devices for home automation and security applications in an embedded Linux environment.
The Linux Intern’s primary job responsibilities will include:
- Developing, testing and debugging embedded software in a Linux environment
- Working with external partners to securely interface their embedded software with the Alarm.com platform
- Coordinating with other departments, such as Quality Engineering, Software Engineering and Product Management to ensure on-time delivery of a fully tested and compatible device that meets product requirements
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Self-starter. Analytical and tenacious problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail with focus on robustness, scalability and quality of products
- Passion for working with technology and excitement for creating high quality consumer technology products
- Familiarity with networking (cellular, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Z-Wave, Zigbee).
- Experience with microcontrollers and sensing devices or Android experience.
- Exposure to penetration testing and ethical hacking.
- Exposure to Linux kernel development.
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and M2M technologies including wireless communication, video monitoring, smart home automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.