Alarm.com’s Product Management, Hardware team is seeking an ambitious, hard-working, candidate for Summer 2021 with strong academic qualifications, diverse interests, and proven experiences in a dynamic team environment. This position will allow interns to develop product management skills required to deliver solutions used by our partners and internal teams. The Product Management Intern will work closely with internal product and software development teams. The role requires attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
Few companies innovate and develop across as broad of a range of technologies as Alarm.com. This position is ideal for the candidate who seeks a small, friendly company culture where one can work closely with smart and highly productive people across a very interesting spectrum of technologies to develop outstanding consumer products.
The Product Management Intern will join the team as a contributor and assist with delivery of new features and produce enhancements. This will include many aspects of the product management lifecycle but tasks will depend on the status of projects in progress during the internship period.
Job responsibilities may include:
- Writing specifications for the engineering team, testing new products and features, developing product marketing materials and technical documentation and supporting existing products
- Assisting with go-to market strategy and launches for new products – facilitating product release with engineering, sales, supply chain etc., and developing/delivering product presentations
- Conducting market research – gathering feedback from customers and analyzing product landscape
- Working with engineering, support, sales and partners to troubleshoot and resolve escalated product issues
- Highly motivated, resourceful, self-starter with ability to deliver results
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a small, fast-paced environment
- Passion for consumer technology and interest in developing a deep technical understanding of Alarm.com and partner products
- Willingness to assist in variety of product related tasks (logistical, testing, troubleshooting, planning)
- Ability to act as customer advocate in dynamic group environment while considering team’s overall priorities and goals
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and M2M technologies including wireless communication, video monitoring, smart home automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for the smart home. Millions of home and business owners depend on our technology every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. We make the Smart Home broadly accessible by enabling easy automation and control across a range of connected devices through our single, intuitive user interface. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for its employee culture and the meaningful work we do every day to develop and bring to market new technology that will make millions of people safer and help them use energy more efficiently. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them. Our solutions are exclusively distributed through a network of authorized service providers.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.