Alarm.com is seeking a motivated Quality Engineer who wants to be part of our fast-paced and growing team. Quality Engineers work with the Software Engineering team to test the functionality and performance of a variety of security cameras, network video recorders, and wireless extenders and their integrations with Alarm.com software platforms and back-end applications. Quality Engineers are also involved in the testing of security panels and peripheral wireless network devices that are controlled by the Alarm.com app or website.
This position is ideal for the candidate who seeks a friendly company culture where one can work closely with smart and highly productive people across a very interesting spectrum of wireless, software, and hardware/device technologies to develop outstanding consumer products.
The primary job responsibilities of a Quality Engineer on the Video development team include:
- Alarm.com Video products’ specifications, functionality, data content, and system architecture
- Alarm.com customers and how they can use the Alarm.com mobile app and websites to monitor and control their Video monitoring devices and system
- How the Alarm.com back-end supports the proper functioning and maintenance of customers’ Video devices
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network Video devices, and confirming that devices and features interact correctly according to their settings
- Analyzing software, hardware, and firmware feature specifications and producing a comprehensive test plan to thoroughly exercise the feature
- Setting up and maintaining test environments
- Executing tests, tracking defects and following defects through the resolution process until the fix is verified and closed
- Testing approaches include; white-box, black-box, positive/negative testing. Testing types include functionality, security, regression, UAT, and performance/stress tests
- Applying test methodology, engineering and product knowledge in certification of products
- Ensuring the success of weekly software deployments
- Interacting with Developers, Product Management, and Third-Party Vendors to ensure the quality of the Video product
- Troubleshooting customer support and network operations team escalations
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Industrial, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Science (Master’s degree a plus). Relevant experience or strong interest in engineering will also be considered
- 1-2 years of QA experience in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Ability to work with a combination of hardware, software, and network technologies and to troubleshoot and diagnose issues
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information
- Process-oriented with the ability to pay close attention to details
- Ability to work independently under general supervision and be proactive in solving day-to-day issues
- Team-oriented individual
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android operating systems
- Network certification such as CompTIA Network+ is a plus
- Foreign language skills, and familiarity with Localization techniques and the challenges of verifying a software product or device for different languages and locales are a plus
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and M2M technologies including wireless communication, video monitoring, smart home automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for our employee culture and the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.