Are you excited to build interfaces that control the physical world around you? Do you love the idea of crafting experiences used by millions of customers all over the world? Are you a tireless customer advocate?
If the above holds true for you, then we would love to talk to you! Alarm.com is looking for a user-centric Software Engineer to focus on smart home web applications. We craft customer experiences that make interacting with Internet of Things (IoT) smart home and security devices a breeze!
You will contribute to significant projects across our product line, seeing development through from architectural design to prototyping and development. One of the many challenges you will face is taking nuanced technological requirements and working alongside Product Managers, UX Designers, Quality Engineers, and other Software Engineers to transform them into extensible, clean code for user-friendly designs. Our customers expect top-notch reliability, speed, and ease of use, and it is up to our team to deliver exceptional home security and automation experiences.
Your work will provide you the opportunity to showcase creative problem solving, passion for learning, and motivation for improvement. You must be able to communicate effectively and blend multiple business needs in your work. Our platform supports several business units, so there are always multiple perspectives to consider. We also work at scale – we have millions of customers and millions of devices sending us data all the time.
Very few small companies innovate and develop across such a broad range of technologies as Alarm.com. This position is ideal for the candidate who seeks a friendly company culture where one can work closely with smart and highly productive people. Getting to work with cutting edge software and hardware to develop outstanding consumer products is the icing on the cake.
WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ALARM.COM?
- Develop full stack software, with an emphasis on front-end web development, working primarily with Ember and C#.
- Engage in the research, evaluation, and application of new technologies and methodologies to solve challenging problems.
- Take part in the entire project life cycle, from requirements development to deployment.
- Work hard and be flexible. We have quick development cycles, evolving requirements, and lots of cross-team collaboration.
- Exercise good judgment. Know when to work quickly and when to build a robust solution. Handle corner cases in a sensible way. Thoughtfully consider the trade-offs between UI perfection and technical complexity.
- Bring your ideas and expertise! We want our engineers to collaborate on product development, not blindly build to a spec. Ensure that proposed UIs are feasible and consider localization, accessibility, and cross-browser compatibility.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with CSS and HTML.
- Experience with object-oriented languages (e.g. C#).
- Experience with package managers (e.g. npm).
- Exposure to TypeScript.
- Exposure to Web API design.
- Exposure to JSON serialization.
- Familiarity with networking concepts, principles, and technologies (e.g. WebSockets).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: You can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You will be empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Work with real stuff: You will write code that interacts with the physical world. You’ll be able to see your work in action with the numerous IoT devices we work with every day.
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Be Empowered: We don’t want to micro-manage you. We barely want to tell you what to do. We want you to own stuff and bring your experience to make those products best in class.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT and SaaS technology. Our tech stack includes .NET, SQL Server, Ember.js, Node.js, Kafka, as well as native iOS and Android applications.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for our employee culture and the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package starting on day one of employment including 100% paid medical for employees, a health savings account option with company contribution, waiver allowance, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays, paid time off starting at 4 weeks and increasing with tenure and paid maternity/paternity leave. We offer a casual dress work environment, annual company retreat, grocery delivery and in suite bike racks and showers.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, record-keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.