A rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial technology company, Building36 Technologies, is seeking a motivated Software Engineering Summer Intern candidate who wants to be part of a fast-paced, rapidly growing team. The Building36 Engineering team is perfect for students who want to gain exposure to a wide variety of technologies including GSM communication, wireless RF networks, intelligent video analysis, home automation protocols, web and mobile application development and large scale, and mission critical database development.
Few companies innovate and develop across such a broad range of technologies as Building 36. This co-op is ideal for the student who seeks a small, friendly company culture where one can work closely with smart and highly productive people across a very interesting spectrum of wireless, software, and hardware/device technologies to develop outstanding consumer products.
- Designing, developing and maintaining applications using Microsoft .NET technologies, C# and SQL Server
- Analyzing of functional requirements and product specifications
- Researching, adopting and integrating new technologies
- Innovating and improving existing products
- Taking ownership of projects to ensure their successful completion with respect to deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred – Rising Senior Pursuing a B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering program with strong academic performance
- Liberal arts academic experience or interests are also a plus.
- Self-starter, analytical, tenacious problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables
- Passion for working with technology and excitement for creating high quality consumer technology products
PARENT COMPANY INFORMATION
Alarm.com, founded in 2000, is a leading technology provider of connected home services, powering well over one million residential and commercial installations. Through its connected home platform, millions of people use Alarm.com to help protect and manage the things that matter most – their homes, families, and small businesses. Alarm.com connects a wide range of supported devices across the internet of things to provide an integrated connected home experience through an intelligent cloud-based services platform and easy to use mobile app. Alarm.com solutions are sold exclusively through a network of licensed and authorized Dealer Partners. For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
WHY WORK FOR BUILDING36?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high, and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace within weeks. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Building36 team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Building36 offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with latest technologies: As we continue to lead the industry, we require expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies including short and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting and HVAC automation, web development, and back-end application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Building36 places high value on our team culture. We passionately challenge ourselves with high expectations and then routinely celebrate successes within and outside of office.
For more information, please visit http://www.building36.com/
Building36 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.