What we are looking for:
Aldridge is seeking a Project Management Intern to join our dynamic and energetic team. This position will assist project management with administrative and operational duties that support project planning, execution, and closure. This intern will gain exposure to the construction market and a fast-paced, team-oriented business environment while learning skills and competencies that will ensure success after graduation and in future endeavors.
What you’ll do:
- Assisting in coordinating with the project team as directed by the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager.
- Advocating for safety on the jobsite and working closely with the Safety Department to ensure that any safety issues are addressed properly.
- Promoting the corporate quality program and assisting with the tracking and administrative aspects of our quality program components, including pre-job planning templates, task lists, and roles and responsibilities.
- Supporting excellence in project execution through a multitude of tasks including procuring tools, ordering and tracking material, documenting project costs, and interfacing with subcontractors and customers.
- Learning and exhibiting our core competencies including adaptability, flexibility, customer focus, decision-making, judgment, initiative, and quality.
Who you are:
We are pursuing candidates with the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in a college or university.
- Willing to work in a variety of roles depending on the needs of the department.
- Solution oriented, problem solver with a hands-on and team-oriented attitude.
- Organized and have good communication skills.
- Ability to relate to a diverse group of individuals throughout the organization.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above, preferred.
Who we are:
Aldridge, a family owned company, is one of the largest specialty contractors in the US, dealing in the power and transportation markets. We have built a reputation as a trusted source in the construction industry, with close to 70 years in business, 1,200 employees, and offices and job sites nationwide. Our continued success is attributed to our commitment to quality, attention to project planning, and dedication to an Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture.
Aldridge’s mission is to build and strengthen America’s infrastructure, and that starts with building the strongest team. We have sustained significant growth and foresee that continuing for years to come. Our ability to execute difficult projects is made possible by engaging passionate, forward thinking, and innovative people.
What we offer:
At Aldridge, you will learn about multiple career paths in our company and gain:
- A 12 + week paid, summer internship program opportunity.
- Hands-on experience.
- Valuable career practice.
- Leadership and skill development.
- Industry familiarity.
- Mentorship program.
- Professional communication and networking opportunities.
Aldridge cares about our team members and the communities in which they live. We are proud to support and participate in:
- Juvenile Diabetes Relief Fund
- Bucks for Burn
- Special Olympics
- Greenhouse Scholars
- ACE Mentorship Program of America
- Tuskegee Next Foundation
- National MS Society
- Foundation for Prader-Willi Research
- CureSearch for Children’s Cancer
- El Valor
- The Night Ministry
- Navy SEAL Foundation
- Bridges to Prosperity
- Feed My Starving Children
This job-specific task list covers only the most important job duties. Employees assigned to this position title will also perform other occasional work assignments not mentioned above, including temporary assignments, training assignments, and other related duties. Aldridge is an EEO Employer and will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.