At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at careers.alight.com.
Interns make an impact at Alight!
Never be bored as you tackle relevant projects.
Spend your summer working with a diverse and global team.
Participate in networking opportunities with senior leadership.
Inspire others around you with new ideas and fresh perspective.
Realize your potential in a company that serves nearly 50% of the fortune 500.
Excellence every day is our standard to our clients and our commitment to you.
Alight’s Early Career Development Internship Program, Inspire
The Inspire Internship is a part of our early career development programs. Interns in this program actively participate in a blended 10-week summer program, across offices throughout the US. This program is a blend of formal education, experiential learning, and mentor-ship and networking. Helping you to succeed is our top priority. People matter.
As a Client Specialist Intern, a typical day might include the following:
- Collaborates with the client to resolve issues or requests they may have
- Completes daily responsibilities working with third-party providers, other Alight Colleagues, and client contacts to ensure seamless process delivery for our clients’ employees
- Manages ongoing client work by utilizing standard project management principles
- Supports service level agreements and adherence to performance metrics by ensuring timely and quality delivery of work
- Supports quality assurance efforts of ongoing processes
- Properly researches and documents system defects
- Provides creative solutions to continuously improve and optimize client delivery
- Manages own work and communicates status to team
This may be the job for you if:
- You have the ability to learn and apply new skills
- You have strong attention to detail and execution
- You communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- You have excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills; must be able to identify problems and solutions
- You are able to handle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines
- You have the ability to navigate and learn multiple systems
You might also have:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint, e-mail and internet tools
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
Applicants for this role must graduate between December 2022– June 2023.
Interns in the program can expect to participate in the activities outlined, below.
- Role-based and business skills trainings
- Weekly leader connects with Business Leaders, Ignite Colleagues, and Ignite Alumni
- Hands-on impact projects, followed by end-of-internship presentations
- Coaching and feedback provided throughout the program
Mentor-ship and networking:
- Mentors are aligned to each intern
- Planned social outings
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the United States
Applicants for employment in the United States must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.