- Provide technical support for project planning, development, implementation, and modification.
- Contributes to engineering standards development balancing corporate and customer needs.
- Research new technology for potential corporate application.
- Design, estimating, and project management for the construction and maintenance of medium voltage (34 kV and under) distribution lines, stations, and related equipment.
- Coordinate projects with internal resources and external agencies including State, County, and Municipal.
- Technical support for designers and customers (internal and external).
- Prepare budgets for capital improvements.
- Engineering analysis, design, and support for system reliability improvements.
- Construction standards development.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- No experience required
- Utility engineering intern experience desired.
- Professional Engineer license is preferred
- Travel may be required dependent upon position responsibility, therefore a valid driver’s license is preferred.
- Interpersonal and communication skills required to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.