The AWS Intelligence team is a long-term solution to staff engineering positions required to operate AWS’ classified government regions. New members of the team get up to speed on AWS Services (breadth) while learning best practices and tools common across services. The program hires engineers that meet the technical bar and are willing to obtain a government security clearance.
As a Junior Systems Development Engineer (JrSysDE) you will work with a team on-site and remotely building AWS Services for AWS and AWS Customers. Jr. Systems Development Engineers are “Builders”, developers of unique technology solutions to business and customer problems. You will build internal and external services within the AWS software systems and be responsible for understanding the operational impact of changes.
Jr Systems Development Engineers will work part time in the Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters, and be full time during the Summer session.
When/if the team transitions to working at the office, the candidate must be able to do so during the entire span of the co-op.
This position requires that applicant selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain a TS/SCI US Government clearance with polygraph.
· Familiarity with Linux, using the command line and basic administration
· Familiarity with at least one of; Python or Ruby or Bash/shell scripting or Java or Go
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or higher program from an accredited college or university, majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other technical field
· Experience with development depth in OOP and web frame works
· Expertise in Linux systems administration
· Demonstrable track record of dealing with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment
· Expertise in the utilization of Amazon Web Services
· Active Security Clearance (secret or higher)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us