Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? We apply advances in robotics and software to solve real-world problems that delight our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
Amazon Robotics is located in the greater Boston area, the epicenter of robotics innovation. Our diverse team of engineers come from all over the world to design, test and build our dynamic fleet of robots and mechatronic systems. Having our offices, labs, test floors and factories all co-located means that we can design the hardware, write the code, test, build and watch it all come to life. This allows us to innovate quickly and on limitless ideas. Current advancements are underway in autonomous movement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive analytics, and much more.
The Amazon Robotics (AR) Technical Operations Manufacturing Test and Controls group develops and oversees testing of high-quality robotics using advanced automated solutions. It’s an operation that works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon globally, and embraces multi-talented, hardworking, technology driven individuals. In this role you will be responsible for supporting, troubleshooting, and improving the computing framework and supporting equipment in the advanced manufacturing test solutions.
We’ve been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We are seeking a talented and motivated Support Engineer with a proven track record of supporting manufacturing test equipment. This role will report to the Technical Operations Manufacturing Test and Controls team within the Global Operations organization.
- Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion.
- Provide triage and investigation of novel manufacturing test issues on the production lines.
- Assist in root cause failure analysis and drive continuous improvements.
- Deploy new or duplicate systems to support test, calibration, and component upgrades.
- Develop and execute a test system maintenance strategy, including backups, quick installs, system upgrades, patching, and disaster recovery.
- Assist with editing and validating test system work instructions.
- Develop training plans for test operators.
- Write scripts to automate manual computer tasks.
- Debug and analyze wired and wireless networking issues.
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures.
- Use basic hand tools to replace and repair electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Work on-site production lines as well as test stations at local contract manufacturers.
- 4 year degree in engineering or 2 year technical degree with 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of basic electrical equipment including digital multi-meter, oscilloscopes, and power supplies.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and electrical schematics.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge and/or working experience with networking and wireless computer systems.
- 4+ year degree in an engineering discipline.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience with remote operations such as via OpenSSH.
- Functional knowledge of one or more high level programming languages.
- Experience writing and using LabVIEW/TestStand, Python, Linux shell scripting, or equivalent languages and user interfaces.
- Experience troubleshooting Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) hardware.
- Experience with the use of RF equipment such as spectrum and network analyzers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.