Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to these questions and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day.
Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfilment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
This role is a 3-month internship to join AR full-time (40 hours/week) from May 2021 to August 2021. We are seeking technical artist interns to work in Amazon Robotics’ new facility in Westborough, MA. You will be part of a collaborative, agile team building large-scale, complex, robotics simulations.
In this role you will work closely with simulation engineers building virtual robotic worlds. You will bring these worlds to life while applying technologies such as Unity and Blender. You will be responsible for creating levels and art assets (2D and 3D) for a real-time graphics application. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on and apply!
Current projects underway in hardware and software include autonomous movement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive analytics, and much more.
- Completion of at least junior year of degree program is required with at least one remaining semester left after internship completion
- Enrolled in a degree program in Computer Science, Visual Effects, Graphic Art, Animation, or related field
- Real-time computer graphics art experience such as games or simulation
- Experience creating high and low quality art assets, detailed scenes/levels and optimizing real-time art assets
- Experience with physically-based rendering
- Experience with game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Experience with 2D and 3D art tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Substance Painter, Blender, etc.
- Experience with Cg, HLSL, or node-based shader authoring
- Experience with programming languages similar to C#
- Good understanding of architecture
Portfolio of previous work a plus.