Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Job Overview – You will create, optimize, and maintain cloud based services that support real-time, robotic and safety systems. You will work closely with hardware and firmware teams as well as customer support and manufacturing to develop services that support existing hardware systems as well as participating in developing new platforms.
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical, Computer or other engineering discipline
· 0-2 Years of Industry experience designing and building highly reliable well tested software
· 1+ years of hands-on development with cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
· Proven experience diagnosing and debugging complex, distributed system issues
· Demonstrable skills in developing testable code and supporting a test-driven architecture
· Solid debugging skills and the ability to diagnose and solve difficult problems
· Direct experience with Python or Java
· Proficient oral and written communications skills; collaborates well in a team environment
· Familiarity with AWS specific cloud technologies (Athena, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS, etc)
· Familiar with embedded development environments and design constraints of such.