The full-time Member Services Associate fills a key role on our Member Services team, supporting our organizational mission to advance the understanding of family history in America and beyond. The Member Services team supports the work of the entire organization by communicating with customers and resolving questions and issues related to membership, the bookstore, research-for-hire, events, educational programming, and use of AmericanAncestors.org and the AncesTREES family tree program. The hours of this full-time position are Monday through Friday from 9:00–5:00, with occasional evening hours.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Provide customer service support to NEHGS members by phone, email, and in-person interactions
· Process customer transactions for new and renewing memberships, book sales, research-for hire, events, and educational programming
· Assist in covering the Visitor Services desk one-three days a week, the front-facing point of contact for all members and visitors to our research center. This includes handling bookstore sales, and signing in and orienting visitors
· Ensure the accuracy of member database (Tessitura), e-commerce software (Shopify), email marketing software (Hubspot), and event registration software (GoToTraining) by updating constituent contact information, entering payments, applying appropriate notes and attributes to member accounts, and pulling reports.
· Perform initial troubleshooting steps to assist with technical questions and issues relating to AmericanAncestors.org and the AncesTREES family tree program
· Effectively communicate knowledge of NEHGS resources, services, events, and mission.
· Bring a solution-driven approach to customer service and daily tasks, by identifying possible ways to improve website usability, database functionality, and office processes and procedures
· Participate in occasional NEHGS Education and Advancement events as needed
· Additional responsibilities as needed.
v Experience in customer service and enthusiasm for helping people
v Ability to communicate with all levels of staff in a professional environment
v Ability to work in a team as well as accomplish projects independently
v Ability to learn new technology
v High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
v Desire to contribute to a team with the potential to take on increased responsibilities
v Microsoft Office and Windows computer proficiency
v Excellent customer service skills, in person and by phone
v Familiarity with CRM database software (ex. Tessitura), data entry software is a plus
v Familiarity with Hubspot and Shopify
v Experience upselling
This exciting opportunity is a full time, non-exempt position located at our headquarters on Newbury Street in Boston. Some of the outstanding benefits include medical. dental. generous paid time off, paid holidays, Employee Assistance Program, tuition reimbursement, FSA, 403(b) Retirement plan, and so much more!
Salary is $17.00 per hour
Please submit cover letter and resume to Michelle Major, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com by October 23, 2021. Please include your last name in the subject line of your email.