AASC, a DC trade association, seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working in a remote-work environment. The AASC Communications Internship is a professional skills internship to assist the Executive Director in implementing organizational communications and marketing strategies. The Communications Intern will work independently and in with the Executive Director to fulfill organizational goals and initiatives related to programming and events. Great opportunity to build your portfolio and learn more about the political process in DC while working full remote. Will have the opportunity to attend meetings with Executive Director with top lobbyists, elected officials and stakeholders. Good for those interested in learning more about DC lobbying, legal settlements, as well as federal tax and financial services public policy.
- Assist in planning, writing and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters.
- Update organization website using with current events, relevant news, etc.
- Design event, membership and educational fliers, graphics and other marketing materials
- Help generate content and followers for AASC’s social media presence,
- Provide input for creative marketing strategies and social media campaigns
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications
Will be happy to work with student to tailor duties to qualify for academic credit. Hours are flexible to accomodate class schedules.