ACTFL is seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) Membership and Marketing intern to support its digital presence. As our association grows, we have more programs and products to share with our audience of language educators all over the world. ACTFL recently launched a redesigned website and seeks to better categorize digital assets creating a comprehensive user experience across digital platforms. This is a part-time, paid internship, working remotely. The intern will receive a $250 stipend per week and will work 20 hours a week. We are flexible on the start and end date of this internship. Applicants will be reviewed on a regular basis until the position is filled.
The Membership and Marketing Intern will work closely with ACTFL staff, reporting to the Senior Manager, Member Engagement, in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Manager, to:
- Review ACTFL websites,
- Identify, document, tag, and categorize available resources (graphics, reports, and other documentation),
- Test and report any website issues (broken links, missing documents),
- Curate website content and post content to the ACTFL membership app,
- Classify areas for cross promotion,
- Suggest appropriate content mapping while identifying any content gaps,
- Work with the marketing team to update branding on documents, as necessary.
- Be enrolled in a computer science, web development, communications or business program at a college or university,
- Have familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office,
- Possess strong organization skills and attention to detail.
Additional qualifications include the following:
- A sense of humor,
- A commitment to language learning,
- An understanding of the digital landscape,
- Strong writing, editing, and online research skills.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate superior knowledge of website design, accessibility, and best practices.,
- Have an understanding of teaching and learning,
- Are bilingual or multilingual.
Our ideal intern works well in a team environment but also can function independently and efficiently with remote supervision.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should review the full position description and apply by email to email@example.com . Please include:
- Cover letter
Resume/CV submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
We will request references or letters of recommendation further on in the process; please keep that in mind.