Established in 1946, the American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the world’s largest behavioral and social science research and evaluation organizations. Our mission is to generate and use rigorous evidence that contributes to a better, more equitable world. AIR works with federal, state, and local government agencies, philanthropies and other organizations to conduct research and evaluation and provide technical assistance in the areas of education, health and workforce development, in the U.S. and abroad.
AIR is currently seeking Researcher Intern to join our Professional Services team during our 2021 Virtual Summer Internship and Fellowship Program. AIR’s Virtual Summer Internship and Fellowship Program is designed to identify, attract and hire the best collegiate talent that will drive creativity and innovation while enabling the organization to create a diverse and skilled talent pool. In light of the uncertainty of COVID-19, the 2021 Internship and Fellowship Program will be virtual to ensure the safety of our interns and staff. That means that interns will be working from their remote locations and will receive an AIR issued laptop to complete project work. The virtual summer program is a 10 – 12 week paid internship that provides interns with various learning and networking opportunities intended to enhance their skillset and build lasting professional connections.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2021
· Conduct literature reviews to support projects and proposals
· Assist with preparing technical aspects of project proposals for local, state and federal funders
· Assist staff in the review, identification and development of scholarly information describing research findings
· Participate in the collection, analysis, and review of research and evaluation data
· Develop spreadsheets and databases to support project activities
· Analyze quantitative and qualitative research data and contribute to the reporting and interpretation of findings
· Develops presentations for professional audiences.
· Reviews data files and data documentation.
· Reviews statistical reports and technical documents.
· Currently pursuing a Doctoral degree in such fields as economics, psychology, sociology, statistics, public policy, public health or other social science related fields.
· Experience with and / or knowledge of data collection and analysis methodologies and techniques, such as survey design, analysis of program administrative data, and conduct of structured interviews, observations, and focus groups
· Experience with or inclination to learn statistical software programs such as R, SPSS, or Stata to analyze data – a plus (not required)
· Strong writing skills, with commitment to accuracy when writing
· Effective communicator
· Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite or the equivalent (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software)
· Comfortable working independently and as a member of a team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. #LI-JR1
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position.
American Institutes for Research is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
American Institutes for Research’s commitment to Diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations and work environment. Diversity is valued and Inclusion is reflected in all efforts to recruit, develop, and engage the diverse staff needed to accomplish our mission.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to Taliba Boone at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.403.5000.