Assist with the planning, development and implementation of the ASPA Endowment’s fundraising strategy. Advise the Endowment Board of Directors on strategy development; fund solicitation; leads and donor management; tactical advancement; and promotion of the Endowment’s mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, develop and implement strategic opportunities to raise funds and increase the Endowment’s principal base, consistent with the Board’s goals and objectives.
- Suggest avenues for the implementation of the Endowment’s fundraising strategy.
- Provide professional technical assistance to the ASPA Endowment related to fundraising and donor solicitation. This may include training and model practices.
- Assist the Endowment Board in such areas as donor research and leads, donor management and related technologies. and donor care.
- Assist in the evaluation of the Endowment’s fundraising program and the development of necessary process improvements.
- Engage in regular communications with the Endowment Board Chair and ASPA Executive Director/staff.
- Provide staff assistance to relevant Endowment committees, as needed.
- Enrolled in, or having graduated from, a Master of Public Administration (MPA), Master of Public Policy (MPP) or similar degree.
- Commitment to devote 15-20 hours weekly.
- May be completed in conjunction with a credit-bearing, degree-related internship course.
- Commitment to public service
- Mission-driven and goal-oriented work ethic
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Collaborative team player who can maintain a sense of humor and flexibility
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of endowment, foundation, non-profit or similar fundraising a plus.
Applications will be considered immediately and on a rolling basis. An appointment will be made in early September.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to: Phillip Carlisle, Director of Strategic Development and Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.