Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality, equitable patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. ASCO offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
You’re an experienced Recruiter looking for contract work and bring a strong track record of delivering high caliber hiring results. You’re resourceful, data-driven, flexible, and curious; with an ability to influence and build strong relationships. You’re comfortable recruiting for junior to senior roles including technical positions and working with multiple levels of managers and executives.
The Senior Contract Recruiter will be responsible for supporting our Talent Acquisition team in full-life cycle recruitment for IT, non-profit, and health care positions. They will partner with hiring managers, HR team members, and other key stakeholders to source and identify the best talent and timely fill assigned positions. This position is based on 37.5 hours per week and is anticipated to last six months.
This position is open to remote candidates or Alexandria, VA based.
This position includes paid parking or a metro subsidy for candidates in the DMV, and participation in our 401(k) program following the plan’s service requirements. This position does not include other benefits.
What you will do:
- Manage the full lifecycle recruiting process for assigned positions
- Conduct needs assessments with hiring managers to develop recruitment strategy and source and screen a diverse pool of candidates to match position requirements using resume analysis, behavioral, and competency-based screening and interviewing techniques in compliance with legal practices
- Support the Talent Acquisition team with position coverage and contributing to team success
- Collaborate with Human Resources Business Partners to be a trusted partner throughout the recruitment process with Hiring Managers and assist with strategy on the recruiting approach, as needed
- Build effective working relationships with hiring managers to meet high customer service standards
- Manage the flow of employee referrals and candidates and other creative resources to build a pipeline of top talent
- Ensure compliance with hiring policies, legal practices, and company values
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of successful full cycle recruiting experience including filling IT, non-profit, and health care positions
- Well versed in creatively sourcing passive candidates
- Experience in fast-paced and professional work environments and managing a high volume of requisitions
- Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with a professional presence
- Team player who is self-motivated, sound judgement, and strong analytical skills
- Experience using an applicant tracking system (ATS); proficient in Microsoft Office; and ability to embrace and work with new technology
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws and regulations
We will not accept applications from third-party organizations
At ASCO, our goal is to foster and encourage a diversity of thought, experience, and background in our workplace. Our organization’s culture is multi-dimensional, and we encourage our employees to leverage their unique perspectives and ideas. ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).