Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 1,000 employees and $7 billion under management.
The Private Equity team in the Amherst Homes division sits at the intersection of Amherst’s capital management and real estate development groups. The team oversees all Build-for-Rent efforts in 30+ markets and focuses on acquiring, developing, and financing new developments. The Private Equity team establishes programmatic relationships with developers, underwrites investments, and directs strategic initiatives. We collaborate with all functions that serve the life cycle of our investment products from research and business development to financing and deal structuring. The team seeks a strong summer analyst to support this critical function and drive the business forward through an exciting growth phase.
Summer Analyst Internship:
The Summer Analyst will support our private equity team of Amherst Homes by providing financial analysis, business modeling, and strategy development within our single family residential capital management platform. During the program, you will be exposed to senior leadership and executives across all Amherst businesses to fully understand how we operate.
- Participate in all aspects of opportunity screening for new deal, investor due diligence, financial modeling, capital raising, and deal execution
- Provide analysis to support all decisions driven by Private Equity team
- Prepare presentation and marketing materials, including request for proposals, diligence, model outputs, and structuring objectives for investors, senior leadership, and Board of Directors
- Support structured finance transactions, including valuation, real estate modeling, and third-party engagements
- Anticipate needs ahead of planned investor meetings and prepare materials accordingly
- Prepare client presentations for meetings with investment partners and prospective investors
- Collaborate with Acquisitions team to evaluate potential new-build opportunities and determine land valuations
- Consult with the team to generate new ideas and further initiatives
- Validate accuracy for internal and external reporting
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis
What’s in it for you:
- Meet a network of professional relationships who are willing to teach, listen and mentor from across the firm
- Get direct access to Amherst training platforms, tools and resources
- Attend Amherst Intern social outings and philanthropy programs!
- Opportunity to receive a full-time job offer upon completion of a successful internship performance
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree at a strong academic institution with an interest in real estate
- Strong academic record
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with Excel modeling preferred
- Microsoft Office skills, specifically with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks