The Application Developer’s role is to design, develop and implement new software applications and build Applications between multiple systems. The Application Developer is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications. The Application Developer will work with the business systems architecture and development teams to streamline program design, coding, testing, debugging, installation, and documentation. In addition, the Developer will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide the development of code related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
Essential functions are job duties and responsibilities that must be performed to accomplish the purpose/ goals of the job.
• Develop and deploy new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
• Build web services and applications which will interface with Salesforce and other software applications used throughout the organization, including the development of mobile applications. Including EDI and ETL interfaces.
• Understand how development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
• Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
• Testing of development code and identification of potential problems, including making the appropriate recommendations.
• Participate with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
• Identify and resolve program errors.
• Design, develop, and install enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software.
• Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Ensure that any new software Application into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or, an equivalent combination of education and related work experience required.
• Minimum of Two (2) years’ work experience in Application Development or Integration work such as EDI/ETL development. .
• Demonstrate design, development and implementation of moderately complex solutions.
• Demonstrate logical approach to problem solving and high-level analytical capabilities and programming including an attention to detail and an understanding of business processes.
• Work within a change management framework that incorporates distinct development, test, and production environments, solution promotion and deployment processes, as well as solution testing and defect management.
• Demonstrate knowledge of application system infrastructure, technology and concepts in an enterprise Information Technology environment.
• Ability to work in a team environment, meet deadlines, mentor, share knowledge.
• Ability to organize and structure a growing inventory of application assets, and be able to convey the overall context of the environment/ solution.
• Demonstrate experience in participating in an application and/or project and ability to work with limited supervision, showing creativity, innovation, motivation, initiative and professionalism. Excellent interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
Amida Care is a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote, and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.