Amped I is recruiting an entry level engineer to train under mid-level electrical engineers who specialize in designing protection and control systems for substations. If you’re long-term career goal is to work as an electrical engineer on the transmission side of the power industry, this role is an exciting opportunity to work for a small woman-owned business where your contributions and career growth will be valued from day one.
- Learn how to create and modify design documents and drawings for an electrical engineering project, including one-lines, three-lines, control schematics and wiring diagrams, relay panel arrangements and specifications, conduit and cable sizing/routing, and generating bills of material
- Work under other qualified engineers to learn how to design auxiliary AC and DC power systems
- Work with various project teams to fully develop system integration of protection, control, and monitoring systems
- Learn how to perform basic calculations such as relay burden, voltage drop, and short circuit calculations
- Develop your expertise to perform relay coordination studies and prepare relay settings for utility clients
- Effectively communicate and coordinate project activities with project managers, designers and drafters as-needed
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering
- EIT designation valued but not required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate the overall design package and requirements
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work product
- Positive interpersonal skills and demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of common word processing, spreadsheet, and email software
Our company embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.