The Quality Analyst Engineer will research, implement and apply new technology and applications at the Granite City Plant. This unique opportunity requires an innovative, self-starting individual to apply their creativity and vision to our product evaluation process. In addition, the employee will assist with technical issues relating to quality of products, metrology, non-destructive testing, and manage throughput of products. Applicants must be able to maintain a strong vision for the future and think creatively.
- Research innovative inspection methods, new opportunities, and inventive quality control applications for Amsted Rail quality operations.
- Coordinate and design implementation of new inspection methods into initial testing phases and design applicable production uses.
- Create new and innovative documentation procedures for new in-house technologies.
- Create new routines and perform new inspection operations for model-based inspection, utilizing solid models.
- Conduct product evaluations for quality management with non-destructive methods.
- Lead the creation of new process specifications and operating procedures for newly designed inspection methods.
- Interpret requirements from engineering drawings, reference standards and specifications.
- Help maintain quality departmental documentation, supporting both product evaluations and nonconformance reporting.
- Participate in company internal audits, certification audits, and support customer audits as required for quality management system goals.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 4-year engineering degree with experience in engineering drawing and/or metrology systems (or equivalent CAD experience) preferred.
- Mechanical, Material Science or Engineering Management degree preferred
- Manufacturing experience with non-destructive testing preferred.
- Robotic programming experience a plus.
- Basic blueprint reading skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Strong communication, energy, interaction skills, and creative thinking.
- Proficiency in verbal and written technical communications.
- Ability to work from written or verbal instructions.
All interested applicants please apply online at www.amstedrail.com/careers